1. Two nitrile o-rings seal the stainless steel rotor to the shaft and will not experience wear.
2. The Shaft Retention Collar is attached to the shaft and helps retain the propeller or rudder shaft in your vessel in the event of catastrophic failure of the coupling or if the shaft comes free from the coupling.
3. A seal is created between the two mating faces of the carbon stator and the stainless steel rotor.
4. A seal is created between the two mating faces of the carbon stator and the stainless steel rotor.
5. Raw water is fed to the PSS Shaft Seal for cooling / lubricating the seal faces on high speed vessels.
6. Hose clamp tail protection, Clamp Jackets.
7. The stationary carbon stator is attached to the bellows, which is secured to the stern tube (shaft log).
8. 316SS hose clamps with rolled edges and non-perforated band.
PSS PRO Shaft Seal - For 32mm to 80mm Shafts
Product itself seems to be great! We installed the shaft seal with recommended 3/4 inch compression and it leaked terribly. PYI suggested increasing compression in 1/8 increments and it took another 5/8 of an inch compression to stop the leak under a load. I talked with another installer and he said he always has to add at least 3/8 more compression to almost every install. It would be nice to know that in the beginning as I have to take apart major engine components to reach the seal.
I shopped around and found this part a lower cost, but the help I assistance I received and exact description of the parts was well worth the cost. Happy to support companies that provide great customer service!
I have upgraded all the auxiliary cruising and racing sailboats i have owned with a PYI Packless Sealing System. they have been giving me great performance for 25 years, and I expect the same on my first twin engine trawler.
Great! Fast delivery.
FREE PYI Catalog
The PYI Product Catalog is filled with detailed information on all of our products. Get your FREE copy here.