1. Two nitrile o-rings seal the stainless steel rotor to the shaft and will not experience wear.
2. A primary set screw and a backup set screw (2 sets) are used to secure the stainless steel rotor to the shaft.
3. A seal is created between the two flat surfaces of the carbon stator and the stainless steel rotor.
4. Water is fed into the PSS Shaft Seal for cooling/lubricating the seal faces on high speed vessels.
5. The stationary carbon stator is attached to the nitrile bellow, which is attached to the stern tube (shaft log).
Great product, fast shipping, will purchase again
Great products from PYI
Product was shipped the same date as ordered and installation was very easy.
The PSS Shaft Seal Looks great and works as advertised!
I received my order promptly, and after watching the short install video, fitting went without an issue.
While there are a few budget options available on the market, I highly recommend the PSS Shaft Seal for Easy of Installation and Product Quality.
The Price vs Performance/Reliability is a no-brainer!
Great knowledge help, Eric solved all my problems. We can now leave for the Bahamas!
FREE PYI Catalog
The PYI Product Catalog is filled with detailed information on all of our products. Get your FREE copy here.