Note: When using a PSS Shaft Seal as a rudder seal you may opt to plug the hose barb fitting. Please indicate in the "Note To PYI" text field on the check out page that you would like this plugged.
The PSS Shaft Seal is the #1 selling marine mechanical seal worldwide and is installed as standard equipment by many of the worlds most reputable boat builders and boat yards. The PSS Shaft Seal is also recognized as the premiere retrofit (aftermarket) seal on the world market. Boat builders and boat yards recognize the advantages and value of installing the PSS as it eliminates the maintenance, constant adjustment & cost associated with traditional packing type glands. Aside from these benefits, the PSS Shaft Seal helps to eliminate water in the bilge (100% water tight) & wear to the propeller shaft.
1. Two nitrile o-rings seal the stainless steel rotor to the shaft and will not experience wear.
2. A primary set screw and a backup set screw are used to secure the stainless steel rotor to the shaft.
3. A seal is created between the two flat surfaces of the carbon stator and the stainless steel rotor.
4. Water is fed into the PSS Shaft Seal for cooling/lubricating the seal faces on high speed vessels.
5. The stationary carbon stator is attached to the nitrile bellow, which is attached to the stern tube.
Join And Save!
Join our newsletter and SAVE 15% on your next online Seaview order! You'll receive the latest product news, special deals, How-To videos, and the latest PYI news straight to your inbox.