1. Two nitrile o-rings seal the stainless steel rotor to the shaft and will not experience wear.
2. A primary set screw and a backup set screw (2 sets) are used to secure the stainless steel rotor to the shaft.
3. A seal is created between the two flat surfaces of the carbon stator and the stainless steel rotor.
4. Water is fed into the PSS Shaft Seal for cooling/lubricating the seal faces on high speed vessels.
5. The stationary carbon stator is attached to the nitrile bellow, which is attached to the stern tube (shaft log).
FREE PYI Catalog
The PYI Product Catalog is filled with detailed information on all of our products. Get your FREE copy here.