Part Number: 03-212-334
The PSS PRO Shaft Seal is a mechanical face seal utilizing our proven stainless steel and carbon sealing components, but adds a reinforced silicone bellow, we include external rings standard on sizes +2-1/4" and optional on all smaller sizes, a secondary shaft retention collar, 316 Stainless Steel hose clamps (rolled edges & non-perforated) and an optional Nitronic 50 rotor upgrade (for highly corrosive environments). Designed specifically for applications that will require increased durability and resistance to harsh, corrosive, high pressure and otherwise demanding environments. The PSS PRO Shaft Seal is a specialized mechanical seal that is suitable for a variety of applications, with unmatched performance.
1. Two nitrile o-rings seal the stainless steel rotor to the shaft and will not experience wear.
2. A primary set screw and a backup set screw (2 sets) are used to secure the stainless steel rotor to the shaft.
3. A seal is created between the two mating faces of the carbon stator and the stainless steel rotor.
4. Raw water is fed to the PSS Shaft Seal for cooling / lubricating the seal faces on high speed vessels.
5. The stationary carbon stator is attached to the bellow, which is secured to the stern tube (shaft log).
6. The Shaft Retention Collar is attached to the shaft and helps retain the propeller or rudder shaft in your vessel in the event of catastrophic failure of the coupling or if the shaft comes free from the coupling.
7. Stainless steel rings are fit to the bellow for increased strength, support and durability. External rings come standard on sizes 2-1/4" (60mm) to 3-3/4" (95mm) and optional for smaller sizes.
8. 316SS hose clamps with rolled edges and non-perforated band.
9. Hose clamp tail protection, Clamp Jackets.
Great! Fast delivery.
Join our PYI newsletter! You'll receive the latest PYI product news, special deals and How-To videos straight to your inbox.